The General Data Protection Regulations (May 2018) require us to expressly state how we intend to collect, process and manage your personal data. This document sets out our lawful basis for collecting, processing and managing your personal data.
Giraffe Private Finance limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) provide us with 6 different lawful reasons why we may process your data; Consent, Contract, Legal Obligation, Vital Interests, Public Task, Legitimate Interests.
We have chosen the following lawful reasons in each of our separate businesses for processing your data as follows:
· Consent: By purchasing a product or instructing a service from Giraffe Private Finance limited, you are consenting to us processing your data in relation to the service you require.
· Legal Obligation: If you ask us to submit and process any financial services product such as a Mortgage or Insurance Policy, Wills, Lasting Power of Attorneys and/or Trusts then we will have to comply with statutory legal requirements and requirements set out by the industry regulator in each circumstance. This will necessitate that we process your data in accordance with industry guidelines.
· Legitimate Interest: By seeking advice from our organisation either in person, via email / social media, or via telephone and/or by purchasing a financial services product from us we class you as a client and we therefore have a legitimate interest in retaining your data for the purposes of managing the advice process and products that we may arrange for you i.e. contacting you near the time of your mortgage fixed rate expiry date. We will also keep in touch with you electronically via email to keep you periodically updated on industry updates and product enhancements which may be of interest and/or relevant to you. You have the right to opt out of these communications at any time by notifying us via email to email@example.com
· Legitimate Interest: We may also need to pass your personal data to qualified third parties for the performance of our duties to you, for example if you are seeking investment advice. As we are not qualified to provide investment advice we will pass on your details to a qualified third party who will contact you separately to discuss your requirements. The same principle would apply if you were seeking tax advice where we may pass your details to a qualified tax adviser to ensure you receive the right advice in this area. These are not the only examples of instances where it may be appropriate to pass on your details to a qualified 3rd party but they give you an indication of the reasons why we may need to do this.
· Legitimate Interest: We will hold onto your data for the duration of your product or service and thereafter unless you specifically opt out of these communications. Although a product such as a mortgage may be repaid, this does not remove the legitimate interest we have in continuing to inform our clients of important updates unless you expressly opt out of receiving communications from us. Your data will be held on our secure Client Relationship Management software.
Copyright © 2021 Giraffe Private Finance - All Rights Reserved.
Giraffe Private Finance limited is a company registered in England and Wales. Registration number: 12063870. Registered office address: 7-9 High Street East, Wallsend, Tyne & Wear, NE28 8PA.
Powered by GoDaddy